Find all articles here together and search our archives, whether it be Parish News, Events or anything else.
The Sisters return; movies in the church basement . . .
St. Mary's Parish Picnic had a net income of $42,445.07.
On the day of the dedication, November 14, 1894, the cannon awakened the people at 5 a.m. By 8 a.m., a large crowd of people had gathered.
On April 30, 1893 the Rt. Rev. Bishop Fink laid the cornerstone. Although nothing is recorded about the event anytime the bishop shows up there is sure to be a celebration of some note. Three and a half months later on August 11, 1893, the Seneca Courier-Democrat carried this news item: "The immense church structure at St. Benedict is up now to about three feet above the windows, or in other words 32 feet high. It puts on an imposing appearance.
The Veil Removed is a short film that helps us understand the coming together of heaven and earth at Mass, revealed by scripture and in the catechism of the Catholic Church. See it here: https://theveilremoved.com
When Mr. Monty Jury of Oklahoma City took the side road (Hwy 178) to St. Benedict on July 19, he had no idea of what a beautiful church he was about to visit. As a tribute, he created this amazing video and provided for use on the St. Mary's Church website.
Enjoy it here: https://youtu.be/z2OU4ZSzxXo
St. Mary's Church Picnic, held Saturday, June 26, had a record net income. There were 566 dinners served and 263 "to go" dinners for a total of 829.
Click on the title above (article title) to see the results of the various stands, chances and dinner.
Thank you for Covid Relief. See video here.
Dispensation from attending Mass being lifted
Church Picnic, 2021
The Parish Council and Altar Society Officers have decided to move forward with the summer picnic. It will be held Saturday, June 26. Parishioners who may be unable to work because of health or other reasons are encouraged to contact an officer of the Altar Society.
Adoration on Lenten Sundays
First sections of new cemetery fence were installed on Saturday, April 24, 2020. The project involves 1,430 feet of fence and numerous gates.